Hi again. So happy you’re continuing on this journey with me to start a rock band from scratch.
Naming a band is tougher than I thought. Not only is The Bad Genes taken, but the Pittsburgh-based punk band who owns it looks like they could really beat the crap out of me if they wanted to! So, I need a new name. Here’s a few I considered and dismissed:
– The Manvilles (taken)
– Adrenaline (taken)
– The Faded Genes (taken)
– The Broken (not taken, but too depressing)
– Retro (taken).
1. Prepare a fully equipped rehearsal space. DONE!
2. Define the band vision, mission and song-list. DONE!
3. Come up with a name. (ugh…)
4. Publish a band Facebook page to make it easier to communicate the vision and recruit talent.
5. Search and recruit musicians/vocalists who share the vision and musical style.
Step 5 will be the make-or-break part of this dream of mine. Stay tuned. Peace, love, dove homies.