Hi homies. If memory serves me, a painting of Mary the Holy Mother covered in elephant dung was allowed to hang in an art gallery some time ago, albeit not without controversy and debate. Last night, a group in Texas drawing cartoons of Mohammed in protest of our ever shrinking freedom of speech was targeted for mass execution by the Islamic State. I don’t know much about much, but my understanding is that ISIS, the Islamic State, Islamic extremists, or whatever you want to call them, share a primary mission to convert the world to Islam and to implement Sharia law.
I looked up Sharia law on Simple Wikipedia, and I’ve listed the link and some highlites below. (Yes, there is a SIMPLE Wikipedia for people like me, haha!)
I invite debate on this. I would also like very much to hear from Muslims living in the United States on how they feel about Sharia law. I honestly don’t know, but would like to. Of the bullet-points below, which do you support, which do you reject? (Unfortunately, my blog only reaches about 100 people, many of which take me for a loon, so I don’t know how much debate I’ll actually get, haha.) I’ve enjoyed the company of many Muslim friends and business associates during my lifetime, so to those of you who will invariably and immediately label me as Islam-phobic for questioning Sharia law, I politely say, FUCK OFF.
Personally, Sharia law strikes me largely as totalitarian and intolerant, while yet there are “in a perfect world” fiats such as the prohibition of alcohol and eating dead meat, that if practiced in the USA would in my opinion lead to a saner and more animal friendly society. Below are some concerning aspects of Sharia law per the article. I encourage you to read the entire (brief) article and others which will offer more balanced content. Also, it is my understanding that different sects of Islam have different interpretations of Sharia law, so I will assume that not all sects subscribe to all of the bullets below.
Marriage (per Sharia law)
- A Muslim man can marry only a Muslim, Christian or Jewish woman.
- A Muslim woman can marry only a Muslim man.
- The minimum age of marriage for females is nine, for males is twelve.
- A Muslim minor girl’s father or guardian may arrange the marriage of a girl, without her consent, before she reaches adulthood.
- An adult man cannot marry an adult woman without her consent. (Implication: an adult man CAN marry a nine-year-old without her consent?)
- A man can divorce his wife any time he wants, without reason. A woman cannot divorce her husband without reason. She may file for divorce for reason, such as he is impotent, missing or biologically related to her.
- A Muslim man can marry four Muslim women with their permission… A Muslim woman can marry only one Muslim man.
Crime and Punishment (per Sharia law)
- The penalty for homosexuality is death.
- The penalty for leaving Islam is death.
- The penalty for adultery is 100 lashes then stoning to death.
- The penalty for theft is amputation of the hands or feet.
- The penalty for pre-marital sex is 100 lashes.
- Murder, bodily injury and property damage – intentional or unintentional – is considered a civil dispute. The victim, victim’s heir(s) or guardian is given the option to forgive the murderer, demand equal retaliation or accept cash as compensation. Muslim women receive less compensation than Muslim men. (Does anybody else see a gaping opportunity for sinister exploitation and abuse of this law???)
Again, please read about Sharia law and form your own conclusions. https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia_law. Radical soldiers of the Islamic State are among us now. Does anyone doubt this to be a fact?
Well homies, I leave you with a question. DO YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND NON-VIOLENT DEBATE IN WHAT HAS BECOME OUR CULTURE TODAY? Are you afraid that if you openly and respectfully speak your mind you may face religious retaliation, being labeled a racist, losing your job, or being placed on some government watch-list? Fear is a tool used to silence free speech, and as long as we don’t speak out, nothing will change. Peace, love, dove homies, and God bless America!